Friday, February 17, 2012

Beginning of a Blog

Today I have made a decision to try to document some of our hard work and progress through a blog.  I am no writer, I am a mother, wife, and co-owner and co-operator of a small farm in Downeast Maine. I have 3 children, 17, 14 and 9.  I have been married to my husband for almost 18 years now.  It is our dream to run this farm.  We currently both work full time jobs as well as working the farm, parenting children and attending a variety of events.  So we started this farm in 2010 with one beef critter and 2 dairy goats.  Today we have 8 dairy goats, a dairy goat buck, a Jersey heifer, a bull, a steer, an assortment of Ducks, Chickens, and Guinea Fowl as well as meat rabbits.  In the past two years we have raised 2 steer and 4 pigs for food in addition to what we currently have.   Our goal is to raise healthy hormone and chemical free food for our family.  There are other long term goals but all in good time.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment